- About Us
- Practice Areas
- Divorce & Family Law
- Wills & Estates
- OUI Defense
- Personal Injury
- Massachusetts DCF Services
- Family Law Resources
- Locations & Areas Served
- Coronavirus News: County-by-County Info for Massachusetts Probate & Family Courts (With Updates)
- Massive Coronavirus Layoffs Trigger Child Support and Alimony Reductions Across MA and US
- Massachusetts Trial Court Announces Comprehensive Response to Coronavirus for MA Courts (WITH UPDATES)
- Coronavirus Court Closures: How Covid-19 is Shutting Courts in Divorce and Family Law Cases
- Can Coronavirus Fears Allow Parents to Cancel Court-Ordered Visitation?
- Are You Ready for a Divorce?
- SJC Decision Could Have Major Impact on Child Custody Cases Involving Domestic Violence
- Texting, Email and Social Media Evidence: The Downfall of Antonio Brown
- Appraising the Value of a Small Business in a Divorce
- Tips for Surviving a 51A DCF Investigation for Child Neglect or Abuse
- Judicial Roundup News: 2019 Changes at Massachusetts Probate & Family Courts
- Alimony is Still Tax Deductible in Massachusetts for State Income Tax Purposes
- Calls for Changes to Massachusetts Alimony Law to Address Federal Tax Change and Close “Lifetime Alimony” Loophole
- Can “Pat Patriot” Sue Jamal Adams Over his Pro Bowl Injury?
- Divorced and Unmarried Parents: How New Tax Law Impacts Child Tax Deductions and Child Tax Credits
- Divorce, Custody Disputes and the Terrible Epidemic of Murder-Suicide
- New Alimony Law in New Hampshire Similar to Massachusetts Statute
- MA Appeals Court: Wife's Poor Health Valid Grounds for Alimony Deviation
- What Court Filing Limits Alimony Duration in a Divorce?
- Appeals Court: Divorced Mom's Work Commute is Grounds for Changing Child's School Despite Shared Custody
- Cape Attorneys Pay Tribute to Hon. Robert A. Scandurra as Retirement from Barnstable Probate and Family Court Approaches
- The Widening Gap Between Science and Massachusetts Paternity Law
- The Difference Between Eliminating Alimony Arrears and Child Support Arrears
- Grandparent Visitation More Challenging Than Ever in Massachusetts
- Judicial Roundup: New Judges in Norfolk and Barnstable Probate and Family Courts Coming in 2018
- Appeals Court: Out of Court Agreements to Reduce Child Support Are Not Enforceable, But Some Exceptions Exist
- Cohabitating Before Marriage Can Increase Alimony Payments in MA
- Amended 2018 Child Support Guidelines Will Change Massachusetts Child Support on June 15, 2018
- Hon. John D. Casey is New Chief of Probate Court and Revised Child Support Guideline Worksheet on Way
- The Growing Problem of Digital Spying in Divorce Cases
- MCLE Family Law Conference Panel to Feature Jason Owens, Esq. of Lynch & Owens, P.C.
- Weinstein Divorce Agreement Shows How Scandal Impacts Prenuptial Agreements
- SJC Signals Changes Coming to 'Real Advantage' Test in Child Removal Cases
- Appeals Court Increases Confusion Over Alimony Duration with Ruling that Burdens MA Probate & Family Court Judges
- Appeals Court: Alimony Appropriate Following Six-Year Marriage When Spouse is Disabled
- The Challenge of Modifying College Payment Agreements in Massachusetts Probate and Family Courts
- The Slow Process of Changing a Temporary Order for Child Custody in Probate Court
- Can a Court Divide a Former Spouse's Pension 14 Years After a Divorce Was Finalized?
- Carefully Read Your Court Order, and Other Lessons Learned in Family Law
- Republican Tax Bill Would Eliminate Alimony Tax Deduction Nationwide and in Massachusetts
- Ever Wonder, What's the Difference Between Mediation and Divorce?
- New Probate and Family Court Judges in Middlesex and Western MA, Tierney Lauded by WBA
- End of Child Support is Grounds for New Alimony Order in MA Appeals Court Case
- Mass Lawyer's Weekly: Fixes for MA Child Support Guidelines on the Way Thanks to Blogosphere
- MA Appeals Court: When Child Support Ends, a Lifetime of Alimony (for Some) Begins
- SJC: Alimony Limited to Marital Lifestyle in Massachusetts
- Multiple Errors Distort 2017 Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines, Fixes Reportedly Coming (UPDATED 10/6/17)
- Alimony Reform Effort Continues Despite Two Years of Inaction in Massachusetts Senate
- Child Support Deviations Encouraged in 2017 MA Guidelines
- After the Change of Name: the Many Tasks That Follow a Name Change
- How Do Legal Name Changes Work in Massachusetts?
- Use of Unallocated Support Encouraged in 2017 MA Child Support Guidelines
- Back to School Doesn't Have to Mean Back to Court
- 2017 MA Child Support Guidelines Eliminate Hybrid Orders for 33-49% Parenting Time
- Requirements for a 209A Restraining Order: Objectively Reasonable Fear and Imminence of Harm
- Big Changes Under the 2017 Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines
- How SSDI Works with Child Support in Massachusetts
- 2017 Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines: A Closed Process that Lacks Transparency
- Boston Globe Urges End to Lifetime Alimony in Massachusetts
- When a Court Reduces Child Support While Alimony Continues
- When Can a Judge Extend Alimony Beyond Federal Retirement Age Under the Alimony Reform Act?
- For Wealthy Parents, an Increase in Income May Not Trigger Increased Child Support
- SJC Rules on the "Retroactivity" of the Alimony Reform Act, Again
- Do Wives Ever Pay Alimony to Husbands in Massachusetts?
- Death of Professional Cyclist Highlights Dangers of Road Biking
- Are Deposition Subpoenas Enforceable in Massachusetts Civil Cases?
- Lynch & Owens Launches: South Shore Divorce Mediation
- Can a Party Fired for Employee Misconduct Seek a Reduction in Child Support or Alimony?
- Common Law Marriage is Not Legal in Massachusetts - Except When It Is
- Boston Globe Magazine Urges Passage of Alimony Reform Bill in MA House
- Switching 209A Order to Harassment Protection Order Violates Due Process
- Distracted Driving, Seat Belts, and the Rise in Road Fatalities
- Public Hearing on Proposed Alimony Reform Law Scheduled for May 15, 2017
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO): What They Do and When They Do It
- Traffic-Related Fatalities Spiked in 2016
- SJC: Some Guardians of Minors Entitled to Court-Appointed Attorneys
- Fatal Brookline Motorcyle Accident Shows Risks to Riders
- Court Holds Parent in Contempt for Shared Custody Bad Behavior
- International Travel: A Source of Conflict in Child Custody Cases
- Car Crash in Stoneham Highlights Proximate Cause in Personal Injury Cases
- New Judges at Suffolk, Hampden, Middlesex and (Possibly) Essex Probate and Family Courts
- Admissibility of GAL Reports in Child Custody Cases Growing Murky
- 209A Restraining Orders Can Be Abused
- Extending Emergency 209A Domestic Restraining Orders
- Battle Lines Drawn on Alimony Reform in MA State Senate
- Stolen U-Haul Crash in Revere Shows Limits of Accident Liability
- Understanding the 209A Restraining Order Process
- When Increased Parenting Time Causes Lower Child Support
- Appeals Court: Child Support Ending can Trigger Alimony Increase
- Medical Condition May Have Caused Brockton Car Crash
- Changes in Lineup at Norfolk Probate and Family Court with Judges Retiring
- The Challenge of Parental Alienation
- Preparing Financial Statements in Massachusetts Probate and Family Court Cases
- When Does the Clock Start Running for Durational Alimony in Massachusetts?
- Are Stock Options and RSUs Income or Assets in a MA Divorce?
- Rule 411: the Automatic Restraining Order in MA Divorce Cases
- How Liquidity Affects Asset Division in a Divorce
- The Gorsuch Nomination: Will This Be A “Nuclear Winter”?
- The Opportunity to Acquire Future Assets: How Family Wealth Can Impact the Division of Assets
- Will President’s Sister Swing Supreme Court Pick?
- Alimony Reform Bill Faces Feb. 4th Deadline for Co-Sponsors (Updated 2/4/17)
- Colorado Judge Rumored to be Supreme Court Frontrunner
- Domestic Restraining Orders: Traps for Unwary Parents
- R. Christian Haufler (1952-2017)
- New Alimony Reform Bill Filed Ahead of January 20, 2017 Deadline
- Is January Really "Divorce Month"? Try September or March.
- Alimony Reform Bill Faces January 20, 2017 Deadline for House Sponsors
- What Does "Parental Unfitness" Mean in Massachusetts?
- Proving Contempt in Child Support and Alimony Cases in Massachusetts
- What is “Income” in Massachusetts Child Support Calculation?
- Cohabitation not Grounds for Terminating Alimony in Pre-2012 Divorces in Massachusetts
- Alimony Re-Reform Bill Gains Momentum for 2017 in State Senate
- Is an Irrevocable Trust a Divisible Asset in a Massachusetts Divorce?
- New Form: Affidavit of Filing Certified Copy of Child Custody Judgment c. 209B
- State Senator Patrick O’Connor (R-Weymouth) Endorses Alimony Re-Reform Bill
- Complaints for Contempt for Violations of Child Support, Alimony and Financial Orders in Massachusetts
- What is Proper Dress and / or Attire for a Court Hearing?
- Can a Personal Injury Settlement be Divided as a Marital Asset in a Massachusetts Divorce?
- How Massachusetts Courts Treat Future Inheritances and Expectancy Interests in Divorce Cases
- Harassment Orders in Massachusetts: Are They Issued Too Easily?
- Who Pays for School: College Expenses and Massachusetts Child Support Agreements
- Appeals Court MedPay Decision: A Victory for Massachusetts Consumers
- Income Attribution in Massachusetts Child Support and Alimony Cases
- State Senate Declines Vote on Alimony Reform and Child Custody Bills in 2016
- Massachusetts Divorce Law Round-Up: New Case Law in June 2016
- Shared Physical Custody Bill Faces Voting Bottleneck in MA House Committee
- Alimony Re-Reform Bill Awaits Vote in House as MA Legislative Session Nears End
- Alimony Re-Reform Passes Massachusetts House in Unanimous (156-0) Vote
- Complaints for Contempt for Violations of Visitation and Custody Orders in Massachusetts
- Comments Now Open on 2017 Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines
- Complaints for Contempt in Massachusetts: A Comprehensive Review of the Law of Contempt Actions in the Probate & Family Court
- Deviations Under the Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines
- “Shared Physical Custody” Bill Amended, Continues Progress in Massachusetts Legislature
- Ask a Divorce Lawyer: How much will Johnny Depp Regret not having a Prenuptial Agreement in his Divorce from Amber Heard?
- Can MA Spouses be Bound by a “Memo of Understanding” that Merely Outlines a Final Divorce Agreement?
- “Alimony Re-Reform Act” Inches Closer to Passage in Massachusetts House
- Deviations Under the Massachusetts Alimony Reform Act
- New Parent Education Requirements in Divorce Cases
- The Crucial First Steps of a DCF "51A Investigation" for Child Abuse or Neglect in MA
- Three Prenup Drafting Tips from the Appeals Court: Pisano v. Pisano
- Stone v. Stone: When Probate and Family Court Judges Punish Dishonest or Overly-Litigious Parents by Changing Custody
- What is the Fabric of the Marriage?
- Massachusetts Practice: Motions to Withdraw and Informed Consent
- Massachusetts Breathalyzer Test under Fire in Court Case
- Lynch & Owens Divorce Series: Step 10 – Divorce Trial (and the Many Challenges it Poses)
- Nicole K. Levy Guest Blogs on Legal Custody at Scaling the Summit: Assumption 4 of 4 – Presumption of Shared Legal Custody
- What Questions Should You Ask Before Hiring an Attorney: a Mediator’s Perspective
- Lynch & Owens Divorce Series: Step 9 – Divorce Negotiation, Settlement, and Separation Agreements
- Nicole K. Levy Guest Blogs on Legal Custody at Scaling the Summit: Assumption 3 of 4 – The Shared Custody “Veto Power”
- Domicile and Jurisdiction: When One Spouse Moves to Massachusetts and Files for Divorce
- Nicole K. Levy Guest Blogs on Legal Custody at Scaling the Summit: Assumption 2 of 4 – Consent to Medical Treatment
- I am Getting Divorced: When Can I File a “Single” Status Tax Return?
- Nicole K. Levy Guest Blogs on “Legal Custody Assumptions” at Scaling the Summit – Assumption 1 of 4 – Access to School & Medical
- Lynch & Owens Divorce Series: Step 8 – Pretrial Conferences and Status Conferences
- Child Custody Jurisdiction: What is the “Home State”?
- Obara v. Ghoreisha (2016): a Rare Massachusetts Appeals Court Reversal of a Division of Assets Decision
- What is the 90-Day “Nisi Period” in a Massachusetts Divorce?
- Correcting the Massachusetts Alimony Reform Act: New Bill Filed
- New Judges at the Plymouth and Norfolk Probate & Family Courts in 2016
- How College Expenses Affect Child Support in Massachusetts
- Did Massachusetts Pass a Law Granting Parental Rights to Rapists?
- How Comparative Negligence Affects Damages in Auto Accident Cases in Massachusetts
- The Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines: the Basic Framework
- Lynch & Owens Divorce Series: Step 7 – How Discovery is Conducted in a Massachusetts Divorce
- Father vs. Dad: When a Step-Dad may be Granted Custody after Mom’s Death
- The Dismal Treatment of Child Sex Abuse Victims in Massachusetts Probate & Family Courts
- How Do Auto Insurers Evaluate Personal Injury Claims?
- Feds: Massachusetts has Highest Child Abuse and Neglect Rate in Nation
- Parents Who Were Never Married: Establishing Paternity in Massachusetts
- Child Relocation: What Recent Massachusetts Removal Case Law Tells Us
- Child Support for Adult Children in Massachusetts: When Does it End?
- Are Prenuptial Agreements Enforceable in Massachusetts?
- The Big Move: Obtaining a Court’s Permission to Remove Your Children from MA
- Are RSUs “Income” or “Assets” in Massachusetts Child Support Calculation?
- Should Massachusetts Join Arizona by Shaming “Deadbeat Parents” over Twitter?
- How Probate Court Judges Punish Dishonesty in Custody Cases
- Grandparent Rights in Massachusetts: When Can a Court Order Visits?
- Lynch & Owens Divorce Series: Step 6 – Motions for Temporary Orders
- My Husband left me for the Babysitter. Will a Judge Order her to Stay Away from my Kids?
- When Can I Modify an Alimony Judgment in Massachusetts?
- Drafting QDROs Presents Challenges for Divorce Attorneys
- How Will the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 Social Security Changes Impact My Divorce?
- Three SJC Justices Blast DCF in Recent "Spanking" Decision
- A Massachusetts Problem: Parental Discipline vs. Child Abuse
- Will Tom Brady Sue Goodell / NFL for Defamation of Character?
- Lynch & Owens Divorce Series: Step 5 – Filing and Service of a Complaint for Divorce
- How Does a Fraudulent Conveyance Affect the Division of Assets in a Massachusetts Divorce?
- Can Brady Sue the NFL for Defamation?
- Official Divorce and Family Law Forms Now Available at lynchowens.com
- DCF Wants to Talk to me About my Children. What do I do?
- Shakeup at DCF: 10 Workers Fired
- Expect Big Win for Tom Brady in Deflategate Round II Appeal
- Legislature Debates Presumptive “Shared Physical Custody” in the Massachusetts Child-Centered Family Law
- Gov. Baker Nominates Two Boston Attorneys to the Probate and Family Court
- A Broken Formula: Medical Insurance Costs under the Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines
- Brady Brief to Appeals Court Available for Downloading
- Is a Final Division of Assets Modifiable Under Massachusetts Divorce Law?
- Will a Massachusetts Judge Approve a Divorce Agreement with One Party Present?
- What Happens to Retirement Assets in a Massachusetts Divorce?
- Why ESPN Ignored League-wide “Signal Decoding” in its New Spygate Story
- Are you a High Net Worth Divorce Client?
- Berman Opinion Mocks Wells’ “Independent” Deflategate Investigation
- Can a Parent seek Retroactive Child Support in Massachusetts Back to the Birth of a Child?
- Berman Roasts Goodell in Deflategate Appeal
- The Real Reason Goodell Won’t Seek a Stay of Berman Deflategate Decision
- Lynch & Owens Divorce Series: Step 4 – What Issues Are Decided in a Divorce?
- How Judge Berman Will Embarrass the NFL in Deflategate Opinion
- How are Marital Debts Treated in a Massachusetts Divorce?
- What if Brady Wins His Deflategate Appeal?
- Ashley Madison: 11 Million Men vs. 2,000 Women
- Lynch & Owens Divorce Series: Step 3 – Your Consult With An Attorney
- Did the NFL Destroy Key Deflategate Evidence?
- Can a 16-year old Decide Which Parent to Live With in Massachusetts?
- The Ashley Madison Hack: a Divorce Attorney’s View
- My Doctor Made a Mistake. Do I have a Medical Malpractice Claim?
- You’ve Been Falsely Accused in a Restraining Order Proceeding. Now what?
- Lynch & Owens Divorce Series: Step 2 – What is a Divorce?
- The Steve Garvey Case is not Goodell’s Silver Bullet in Brady Deflategate Appeal
- Brady v. Goodell: Who Had the Better Week?
- Does an Unmarried Parent Need a Court’s Permission to Move Outside of Massachusetts?
- Brady Federal Deflategate Appeal: A Lawyer’s View
- How Can I Determine the Statute of Limitations for a Crime in Massachusetts?
- Lynch & Owens Divorce Series: Step 1 – Introduction
- SJC: Ex-Husband Entitled to Share of Future Royalties for Best-Selling Novel, Night Circus
- You only Hear about Divorce Mediations that Fail
- MA Appeals Court: Definition for “Length of Marriage” Different for Alimony vs. Property
- Meet the Attorneys
- Child & Custody Support in MA
- Child Support
- Flat Fee Estate Planning
- Legal Custody
- Mediation & Litigation
- About Lynch & Owens
- High Net Divorce
- Advice to Clients
- Alimony & Divorce
- Best Interest of the Child
- College & Child Support
- Contempt & Divorce
- DCF Services
- Division of Assets
- Division of Complex Assets
- Forensic Accounting & Divorce
- Guardian ad Litems & Custody
- Hardship Licenses
- Length of Divorce Process
- Mediation Breakdown
- Mediation & Litigation
- Mediation & Spousal Acrimony
- Modification of Child Support & Alimony
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Protecting an Inheritance in Divorce
- Relocation & Custody
- Restraining Orders in Massachusetts
- Shared Physical Custody
- The Estate Plan
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Estate Planning
- Division of Assets
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Firm Videos
- Personal Injury
- Contact Us