Massachusetts Alimony Lawyers
We Also Serve Boston, Hingham, and All of South Shore
From Jason's interview for the Masters of Family Law series on ReelLawyers.com.
Lynch & Owens are the South Shore’s premier family law attorneys dedicated to providing Massachusetts residents with the best representation in alimony cases. Our alimony lawyers in Massachusetts concentrate on the following services:
- Calculating alimony for high income earners including business owners and corporate executives.
- Identifying and tracing hidden income through a forensic approach.
- Working with expert witnesses to determine and present income for alimony purposes.
- Determining the length, amount and duration of alimony under the Massachusetts Alimony Reform Act.
- Contempt and Modification actions affecting the enforcement and modification of alimony orders.
- Conceptualizing alimony agreements to maximize after-tax cash flow.
How Long Must You Pay Alimony?
In Massachusetts, the duration of payments is related to the length of the marriage. For example, marriages under 5 years cannot require payments for more than 50% of the number of months you were married. Marriages of more than 20 years can be indefinite, or for as long as the judge feels is fair.
Alimony may stop completely if:
- Either spouse passes away
- The receiving spouse remarries and lives with their new partner for at least 3 months
- The payor reaches retirement age
If you feel that your alimony order needs to be modified, speak with our attorney today to learn more about your options.
From James' interview for the Masters of Family Law series on ReelLawyers.com.
How is Alimony Calculated in Massachusetts?
Estimate the amount and duration of alimony in your case with our Massachusetts Alimony Calculator!
One-Hour Consultation: (781) 253-2049
If you need a Massachusetts alimony lawyer, please call us at (781) 253-2049. An experienced divorce attorney from our office will consult with you and evaluate your potential claim after you call to schedule an appointment. We will help you navigate your legal issue with care, diligence and strong, cost-effective client service.
Dedicated to Client Satisfaction
"The communication from Lynch & Owen's was top notch."
The communication from Lynch & Owen's was top notch.- Johhny B.
"She was prompt with responses, experienced with future issues that were avoided because of her expertise. I feel more confident knowing I have her on my side."
Nicole was exactly what I needed during my divorce. She was prompt with responses, experienced with future issues that were ...- Megan C.
"Her knowledge and experience, coupled with her no-nonsense approach to client protection and upholding the law, made a stressful and trying situation much easier to understand and navigate through."
I highly recommend Attorney Nicole Levy with Lynch and Owens. Her knowledge and experience, coupled with her no-nonsense ...- Susan D.
"Amazing professional and to the point. She's also a wonderful person and easy to talk to"
Amazing professional and to the point. She's also a wonderful person and easy to talk to- John