Have You Been Injured? We Can Help.

Massachusetts Car Accident Attorneys

Call (781) 253-2049 to Let Us Help You Recover Your Entitled Compensation

Getting injured in a car accident is a painful, frustrating, and otherwise emotionally overwhelming experience. Not only might you need extensive medical treatment to recover from injury, but you may also be forced to miss time from work, which can make supporting your family difficult. On top of all that, the at-fault party may deny liability, meaning you could end up having to pay your medical bills yourself.

If a negligent driver caused the collision that led to your injuries, Lynch & Owens can help you obtain the compensation and justice you deserve. With millions of dollars recovered on behalf of our clients, our Massachusetts personal injury lawyers can investigate your case, collect evidence, negotiate with insurance adjusters, and maximize your entitled compensation to pay for medical bills, lost wages, as well as pain and suffering.

Car Accident Laws in MA

Massachusetts is considered a “no-fault” insurance state, meaning the injured party must first file a claim with their own insurer before filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. According to the law, the insurance covers certain damages—no matter who was to blame.

Although many car accidents are caused by one party, there are some crashes where multiple parties share fault. Massachusetts follows a “modified comparative negligence” doctrine, which means an injured party can only recover damages if their negligence is not greater than that of the party they are suing.

In other words, if you were partially at fault for the collision, any damages you receive will be reduced in proportion to the degree of your share of liability. For example, if you receive a $100,000 award, but you were 20 percent to blame and the other driver is 80 percent negligent, you will end up with $80,000.

Common causes of car accidents include:

  • Distracted driving
  • Drunk or drugged driving
  • Speeding
  • Reckless driving
  • Fatigued driving
  • Defective auto parts
  • Inclement weather conditions

Ready to Start Your Case Today

With more than three decades of legal experience, we understand what it takes to help our clients get the best possible outcome. Do not hesitate to let us protect your rights and best interests throughout the legal process, while you recover from injury.

For more information, contact us and schedule a consultation.

  • “The attorneys at Lynch & Owens are fabulous. Very professional.”

    Allison V.

  • “James has proven himself to be both knowledgeable and diligent. I would recommend Jim and his Law Firm to anyone”

    Former Client

  • “Jim and his staff treated me wonderfully; they were patient and supportive during a very difficult time in my life.”

    Former Client

  • “Jason is on top of his work immediately when it has to be done. He is a great person and is very trustworthy.”

    Former Client

  • “Amazing professional and to the point. She's also a wonderful person and easy to talk to”


  • “His knowledge and understanding of the law and his clarity of thought were a supreme comfort to me”


  • “Everyone I dealt with from their administrative staff to their newly hired attorneys were professional, patient and kind.”


  • “If I sound like a fan, it is because I am. "Integrity" is the word that always comes to mind when I think of dealing with him.”


  • “Nicole Levy is an exceptional attorney. She is highly ethical, effective, and level-headed.”

    Former Client

  • “Her knowledge and experience, coupled with her no-nonsense approach to client protection and upholding the law, made a stressful and trying situation much easier to understand and navigate through.”

    Susan D.

  • “Attorney Owens represented me in a modification of my divorce agreement. I was very happy with his work.”

    Former Client

  • “I have found Attorney Owens to be open, receptive, communicative, respectful and willing to partner in a team effort to achieve what is fair and deserved”


  • “Attorney Levy made my divorce as painless as possible. She's fantastic.”

    Former Client

  • “Kim was exceptional to work with and I've referred anyone else from my area to her as well”


  • “She was prompt with responses, experienced with future issues that were avoided because of her expertise. I feel more confident knowing I have her on my side.”

    Megan C.