Massachusetts Premises Liability Lawyer
Pursuing Justice for Injured Residents
Premises liability cases can be difficult and challenging to navigate, especially when you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to unsafe conditions on someone else's property. At Lynch & Owens, P.C., we are dedicated to helping individuals in Massachusetts injured on another person's property seek justice and recover the compensation they deserve. If you or someone you know has been injured on someone else's property, it is essential to understand your rights and the resources available to you. Our experienced team of Massachusetts premises liability lawyers is here to guide you through the process and fight for your rights.
Call Lynch & Owens, P.C. today at (781) 253-2049 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our premises liability attorney in Massachusetts!
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is the legal responsibility of property owners or occupiers to ensure the safety of individuals who enter their premises. This includes residential, commercial, and public properties. When property owners fail to maintain a safe environment or address hazardous conditions on their property, they may be held liable for injuries that occur as a result.
Premises liability cases include trip and fall accidents, slip and fall accidents, inadequate security leading to assault or injury, dog bites, and injuries caused by defects in the property, such as uneven sidewalks or broken handrails.
To establish a premises liability claim, several key elements must be present:
- Duty of Care: The property owner owes a duty of care to the injured party. The level of care owed may vary depending on the visitor's status, such as invitee, licensee, or trespasser.
- Breach of Duty: It must be shown that the property owner or occupier breached their duty of care by failing to address a known or foreseeable hazard.
- Causation: There must be a direct link between the breach of duty and the injuries sustained. In other words, the dangerous condition must have directly caused the injuries.
- Damages: The injured party must have suffered measurable damages, such as lost wages, medical expenses, or other losses.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Premises Liability Claim?
In Massachusetts, if you have been injured on someone else's property due to negligence, you may be eligible to recover various damages, including:
- Medical Expenses: Pursuing compensation for past and future medical bills related to your injuries. This may include doctor's visits, hospital stays, surgery, physical therapy, and prescription medications.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries have caused you to miss work, you may qualify for compensation for your lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: You may qualify for damages to reimburse for the physical and emotional pain you have endured due to your injuries.
- Property Damage: If your personal property was damaged in the incident, you may recover the cost of repairing or replacing those items.
- Punitive Damages: In some cases, if the property owner's actions were particularly egregious, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the negligent party and deter future misconduct.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Premises Liability in Massachusetts?
In Massachusetts, the statute of limitations for premises liability cases is typically three years from the date of the injury. However, exceptions may apply in certain circumstances, so it is essential to consult with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible.
Failing to file your claim within the statute of limitations may result in the court dismissing your case, and you may lose the opportunity to seek compensation for your injuries.
Contact Our Massachusetts Premises Liability Attorney
At Lynch & Owens, P.C., we are dedicated to helping victims of premises liability accidents in Massachusetts seek justice and recover the compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured due to unsafe conditions on someone else's property, you don't have to face this challenging situation alone. Our experienced Massachusetts premises liability lawyers are here to provide you with the legal guidance and representation you need.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that injuries from premises liability accidents can take on you and your family. Our team is committed to holding negligent property owners accountable and helping you rebuild your life.
Contact Lynch & Owens, P.C. today to schedule a meeting with our premises liability lawyer in Massachusetts!
"The communication from Lynch & Owen's was top notch."
The communication from Lynch & Owen's was top notch.- Johhny B.
"She was prompt with responses, experienced with future issues that were avoided because of her expertise. I feel more confident knowing I have her on my side."
Nicole was exactly what I needed during my divorce. She was prompt with responses, experienced with future issues that were ...- Megan C.
"Her knowledge and experience, coupled with her no-nonsense approach to client protection and upholding the law, made a stressful and trying situation much easier to understand and navigate through."
I highly recommend Attorney Nicole Levy with Lynch and Owens. Her knowledge and experience, coupled with her no-nonsense ...- Susan D.
"Amazing professional and to the point. She's also a wonderful person and easy to talk to"
Amazing professional and to the point. She's also a wonderful person and easy to talk to- John