Massachusetts Boating Accidents Lawyer
Providing Personalized Legal Guidance for Boating Accident Victims
When the tranquil waves of a leisurely boating trip turn into a storm of unforeseen events, the aftermath can be overwhelming and devastating. Boating accidents can result in serious injuries, substantial property damage, and even loss of life. If you or your loved ones have been involved in a boating accident in Massachusetts, it's crucial to have a knowledgeable and experienced legal team on your side to help you navigate the complex legal process. At Lynch & Owens, P.C., we advocate for boating accident victims and ensure they receive the compensation they deserve.
Call Lynch & Owens, P.C. today at (781) 253-2049 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our boating accident attorney in Massachusetts!
Common Injuries Suffered in Boating Accidents
Boating accidents can lead to a wide range of injuries due to the nature of these incidents and the elements involved. Some of the most common injuries suffered in boating accidents include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): A collision or a fall can result in head injuries ranging from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries, which may have long-term consequences on an individual's cognitive and physical abilities.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The force of impact can cause spinal cord injuries, leading to paralysis or significant impairments in mobility and sensation.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: Collisions can cause fractures and broken bones, which may require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Drowning and Near-Drowning: Accidents involving capsizing or falling overboard can lead to drowning or near-drowning incidents, which can cause severe damage to vital organs and long-term health complications.
- Lacerations and Contusions: Debris on the boat or in the water, as well as collisions, can cause cuts, bruises, and other forms of bodily harm.
- Emotional and Psychological Trauma: Boating accidents can result in psychological trauma, leading to anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) for survivors.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Boating Accident in Massachusetts?
The statute of limitations for boating accidents in Massachusetts is generally three years from the accident date. However, certain circumstances may affect the time limit, so it's crucial to consult with a skilled boating accident lawyer at Lynch & Owens, P.C., as soon as possible after the incident to protect your rights.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Boating Accident?
Victims of boating accidents may be entitled to various types of compensation, also known as damages, depending on the circumstances of the accident and the injuries sustained. These damages can include:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for medical bills, hospitalization, surgeries, medications, and ongoing medical care necessary for your recovery.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for the income you have lost due to your injuries, including wages and other employment benefits.
- Pain and Suffering: Damages to compensate for physical pain, emotional distress, and the overall suffering you have endured as a result of the accident.
- Property Damage: Compensation for damage to your boat, personal belongings, and any other accident-related property.
- Loss of Consortium: Damages for the loss of companionship, support, and services of a loved one due to their injuries or death in a boating accident.
- Punitive Damages: In cases of extreme negligence or intentional misconduct, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the at-fault party and deter similar behavior in the future.
Contact Our Massachusetts Boating Accidents Attorney Today
Navigating the legal complexities of a boating accident can be overwhelming during an already challenging time. With Lynch & Owens, P.C. by your side, you can focus on your recovery while we tirelessly advocate for your rights and seek the compensation you deserve. Our experienced team of Massachusetts boating accident lawyers understands the intricacies of maritime law and is committed to providing personalized legal representation tailored to your unique situation.
Contact Lynch & Owens, P.C. today to schedule a meeting with our boating accident lawyer in Massachusetts!
"The communication from Lynch & Owen's was top notch."
The communication from Lynch & Owen's was top notch.- Johhny B.
"She was prompt with responses, experienced with future issues that were avoided because of her expertise. I feel more confident knowing I have her on my side."
Nicole was exactly what I needed during my divorce. She was prompt with responses, experienced with future issues that were ...- Megan C.
"Her knowledge and experience, coupled with her no-nonsense approach to client protection and upholding the law, made a stressful and trying situation much easier to understand and navigate through."
I highly recommend Attorney Nicole Levy with Lynch and Owens. Her knowledge and experience, coupled with her no-nonsense ...- Susan D.
"Amazing professional and to the point. She's also a wonderful person and easy to talk to"
Amazing professional and to the point. She's also a wonderful person and easy to talk to- John