With the onset of the Coronavirus pandemic, we have created the following list of specific legal services that we have tailored to serve the public’s needs during the outbreak. Call today to schedule a telephone conference with a Lynch & Owens attorney.
Our Coronavirus-related services include:
- Telephone Consultations and Remote Representation. Our attorneys are available for telephone and video consultations, as well as electronic representation in Probate & Family Court proceedings. We accept electronic payments and use DocuSign to enable our clients to sign and execute documents remotely.
- Video Conference Mediation. With access to the courts limited, parties can quickly and efficiently resolve issues affecting child custody, child support, alimony and divorcerelated issues through video mediation. Child custody related issues can involve resolution of visitation concerns arising out of quarantine, social distancing and exposure and infection of parents and/or household members with coronavirus. We use Skype to enable our mediators to conduct virtual mediation sessions with our clients.
- 209A Restraining Orders. Massachusetts District and Probate & Family Courts continue to hear 209A abuse protection restraining orders, despite the coronavirus. We continue to represent clients in 209A hearings throughout Massachusetts.
- Guardianship of a Minor. With the coronavirus jeopardizing the health of parents across Massachusetts, Probate & Family Courts are hearing an increasing number of guardianship actions, as neighbors and families seek temporary custody of minor children whose parent or parents are incapacitated due to the virus. Massachusetts courts continue to hear temporary guardianships, despite the coronavirus.
- Representation in Telephonic Hearings. Massachusetts Probate & Family Courts have recently ordered that “[w]henever practical and possible, the Court shall conduct hearings by telephone or videoconference rather than having people appear in person”. Our attorneys are available to represent clients in telephonic and video hearings, wherever available in Massachusetts.
- Emergency Court Orders. Massachusetts courts continue to hear emergency motions pertaining to all or most family lawrelated matters, despite the coronavirus. Our attorneys can represent you in emergency motions before the Probate and Family Court.
- Pleadings Support for Job Loss or Unemployment. Individuals who lose their jobs due to the coronavirus, particularly those paying child support and/or alimony, must act quickly to file a modification action in Probate & Family Court, where Massachusetts does not allow for retroactive reductions of child support. It is important for parents and former spouses to file the appropriate paperwork to ensure that child support and alimony arrears will not unnecessarily accrue following the loss of a job. Our attorneys are assisting clients in the preparation of this paperwork for retainers as low as $750.
- Legal Consulting. We recognize that not every client is in position to fully retain counsel during the coronavirus crisis. Our attorneys are available for telephonic consulting for retainers as low as $750. Consulting includes advising clients as to their current legal rights, providing strategic advice and negotiation support, and assisting with court pleadings and strategy for individuals seeking to represent themselves in court.
- Healthcare Proxy and Durable Power of Attorney. Individuals who experience coronavirus symptoms may seek these commonsense documents to ensure that their medical and financial needs are met if they become ill.
In addition to the services above, we continue to represent clients in a wide range of divorce and family law litigation, divorce and family mediation, 209A restraining orders, DCF investigations, estate planning, personal injury cases and DUI defense.
For more information on the impact of the coronavirus on domestic relations cases in Massachusetts and nationwide, check out our blog at: https://www.lynchowens.com/blog/categories/coronavirus/.
Please visit our Coronavirus Services page for a list of tailored legal services we are providing during the COVID-19 outbreak.
We have helped clients since 1995. Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience. Don't settle for less than Lynch & Owens.
We have the personnel, resources and experience to compete with Boston’s top family law firms, while delivering the local knowledge and client service of a leading regional firm.
We are a full-service family law firm with expertise in child custody and parenting time, child support and alimony, high net worth divorce, appeals, modifications and contempt actions.
Our attorneys are experienced with every level of litigation: from out-of-court mediation to trial advocacy to appeals. Whatever you need, we deliver.